Search Engine

Thursday 23 August 2012

First Sewing ( Yukata )


Today I done my 1st complete sewing .
I sew a Yukata, is a Japanese garment, a casual summer kimono .
The reason I choose this is because the pattern is basically make out of square and I think is easy for a beginner to learn everything, like sewing the collar and attaching the fabric and so on .
I borrowed my friend's yukata as my reference .

Me and my mum went and buy and chose the fabric at Gulatis Silk House Subang USJ .
I love red maroon colour or any colour that related to that colour . So I chose pink , is cute and lovely .
So my mum bought me cheap Japanese cotton fabric , no money to get expensive one and since is my first time .

When I start to draw and cut the pattern, my mum assisted me . I realize is not that easy . I do not have the original yukata pattern, so I have to find it myself from my friend's yukata and the internet . Of course, my mum help me a lot . She know a lot in sewing field .
This is what me and my mum manage to figure out the pattern .
Looks messy right !?
After finalization, I measure and draw it on the newspaper . After that only draw the pattern on the fabric . 
Cutting the fabric is a big knowledge . Is not easy to cut a straight line but is easy to cut crooked line . My mum teach me various way to cut fabric . 

Next is sewing ! Sewing is the thing I worried the most . My grandma is the one who assist me a long the way . She teach me different technique and ways to sew along the side , collar , cuff and many more . She also told me that ironing is very important in the sewing process . Sometimes you might sew a bit crooked , but after iron , it will looks very nice and perfect . Amazing right ?

After few days , my yukata finally done . Is just that I can't find a suitable obi fabric . Obi is yukata belt .

Here's my yukata ...
Final

If you want to know more , ads below might be able to help you :

By June(Me)

No comments:

Post a Comment